29 avril 2008

Petit bouquet

My darling daughter says she doesn't want Mr Garden to mow the daisies and forget me not lawn, so for you, Darling, I cut some and put them in a glass like I used to do when my cute little girl came back from far away in the garden with a small bouquet of daisies.


Ma petite fille chérie ne voulait pas que Mr Garden passe la tondeuse sur les paquerettes du jardin, en souvenir des petits bouquets qu'elle ramenait du fond du jardin quand elle était toute petite, avant que nous partions pour longtemps pour très loin.

Alors voici pour toi, quelques fleurs de paquerettes et de primevères.
Et aussi un autre de boutons d'or, entre nous des saletés que je n'arrive pas à extirper des fraisiers. Le sécateur que tu m'as offert à Noël, j'ai peur de l'abimer, alors je l'épargne et j'utilise les vieux qui marchent mal.

I also cut another one of golden buttons, translation not sure, I just can't get rid of them, they have invaded the strawberries bed.

The cissors are the one you gave me for Christmas, and as the tradition goes, I paid them back a token.

Jaunes, les pommes pour la compote (régime du printemps) et un autre bouquet dans un très vieux pot indien, qui a vraiment servi dans un village reculé du Nord de l'Inde. (Village où nous avons vécu trois longues années.)

Yellow: some more flowers in a beautiful old Indian pot I bought in a remote village in Northerm India. In the basket apple to be cooked for breakfast, it's diet time before summer.

(We lived for three years in this small remote Indian village.)

17 commentaires:

Jeannie a dit…

I love your bouquets. Those daisies are so tiny and adorable! And the yellow flowers we call buttercups here.

none a dit…

The flowers are awesome. We have something called batchelor buttons whicha are purple and try to take over everything else.

I see you guys pay a token when a knife or scissors are given as well. I'm superstitious and always do the same. I think a Buddist taught it to me.

alicesg a dit…

Beautiful flowers. Nice to learn about the tradition of the token.

Unknown a dit…

hi there, didnt know you lived in India..what a colourful life you have :) those flowers are gorgeous, they can invade my garden anytime! it's been raining every evening now..very funny because its not monsoon season but we have lots of rain daily. I really time for me to tend to my garden (so envious looking at yours) as its been so neglected for the past few months! on a diet? too much char kuey teow, roti canai and nasi lemak when you were here right? big hug to you :)

Jules~ a dit…

Those flowers are so precious. To me, it seems that the simple "weed" flowers carry the most treasured memories.
The yellow flowers- we call butter cups.

Jules~ a dit…

I forgot to ask...what will you cook the apples with in the morning?

Tifenn a dit…

J'ai les mêmes!!
Il s'arrête de marcher en rentrant de l'école pour les cueillir, il me les donne en disant :"t'as vu, y en a six" ou alors" pour toi, maman adorable"...tu as raison d elui faire ces petits bouquets, elle a raison de ne pas vouloir les couper!

by Danie a dit…

Vous étes tous tellement mignons que j'en ai les larmes aux yeux.
I almost cried reading your sweet commentaries.
Blogging is lovely.
Jules, I cook them the lazy way, I wash them properly, I put them like that, nothing else but a bit of water in the oven plate, and straight to the oven 200° degres for a while, when it smells very good in the whole house, they are cooked.
For breakfast, I eat one or two apples, one orange, one pear, and a lot of coffee with milk, or tea sometimes. That's it. I know WW recomends a bit of carbohydrates, but i don't eat carbs in the morning.

La Cremiere a dit…

merci maman, t'es la meilleure!!! je t'aime.

tweetey30 a dit…

I bet you learned loads in that Indian Village. Sounds wonderful really. Reading these stories, I get this picture in my head of dark people not African American Dark, but dark people running around free and not afraid to talk to eachother and just free for some reason. They may not be as free as I am imagining but that is the picture I am getting in my head. I love your garden and Mr. Garden does a great job keeping it beautiful for you to show us. Thank you both for the beautiful photo's of your Garden.

ortho a dit…

Your gardener is a hard worker. His daises and golden buttons look brilliant. Where in India did you live?

Mélanie a dit…

tres jolies fleurs ! et les boutons d'or sont magnifiques ..même si ils vous causent des soucis

Mélanie a dit…

je veux en savoir plus à propos de ces 3 années passées dans un village reculé de l'inde. mais qu'y faisiez vous ??????

by Danie a dit…

Ortho(graphe) the village is called MANKAPUR can you see it on Google Earth? I never checked. It is in Uttar Pradesh, Northem India, not far from Nepalese border. The nearest towns are Faizabad and Gonda if I remember well, so Mr President you are not mad at me from my comment on your blog, lol.
M Kate, I wish I hate char koay teow, and wan tan mee but I don't, roti canai are a must for breakfast on sunday morning, it's terrible, I'm not keen on Nasi Lemak, i don't like ikan bilis, dried prawns, sambal and keropok lekor. All the way down from KT to Kuantan we can see this boards: keropok lekor for sale, for years I have been wondering what was that!
Tifenn, profite bien d'eux.
Cremière, je t'aime aussi.
Tweetey, no, no free at all, working hard since very young age.

by Danie a dit…

Oh Mélanie, je repondais a Ortho, et je n'ai pas vu tes messages, je crois qu'il faudrait que je raconte un peu plus ma vie passée sur le blog, nous étions à Mankapur pour le travail de Mr Garden, tout comme à Belgrade, à Timisoara, à Penang, je dois faire un post à ce sujet, sujet qui promet d'être long si je commence, je ne sais pas, je vais voir, il faudrait que je me lance.
Merci pour les boutons d'or, j'en profite un peu puisqu'ils m'ennuient tant, (je leur ai mis du desherbant, tant pis!)

Barbara a dit…

Je te remercie du proverbe et la traduction (Avril...)These little yellow wildflowers also grow in the meadow next to our garden. I also make bouquets with the daisies and even daffodils... I'm still reading your older posts! So interesting!
Bye bye,
Barbara

Jeannie a dit…

P.S. I love the relationship you and Helene have. You are both the best!